10.3.09

Heart Attack

The first tattoo I ever did was a heart about the size of a half dollar that Ed drew. It was only line work and it wasn't very good. Tattooing was extremely confusing. I didn't realize there was so much to think about while doing a tattoo, how you pretty much have to use your whole body, and all the other stuff you have to think about. It's still one of my favorites though, just because I like to think about how horrifying it was to do. (Sorry about the shitty quality, I have to use my phone for pictures because I don't have a real camera yet)



If anyone has a heart that looks like that they must be very unhealthy. You can also see the bottom of Ed's totally cool salt girl tattoo.

I eventually did the same heart on Troy's leg. I think it was my like, 3rd line work piece and maybe my second or third shading/colored piece. I took a picture of it the other day when I was finishing up the Uncle A skull I did on Troy right next to it. (Again, sorry about the quality.)


That one looks a little healthier, the green color burst behind it needs to be fixed though, it just stops on the sides. I went a little too heavy on the black shading too i think.

This is a painting I did in a day, I was really proud of it when I did it. I remember starting the drawing at like 8 at night or something and then leaving the shop at 10, painting it at home and going to Walgreen's to buy a frame and hang it up at the shop at 3 in the morning. I still really like it, but now there are definitely some changes I would make to it.



I also learned to never use the color blue under any circumstances.

Later on down the road Big Adam came into the shop and let me practice on him. He decided he wanted the heart and I was stoked to do it. I think it took two sessions because I wasn't allowed to shade yet when I first did it. I never took a picture of just the line work though.



The staff infection or ingrown hair or whatever is above the tattoo is not my fault. His tattoo was well healed by the time he got that shit from another shop.

I don't know why I left out the red color burst on the right side of the banner. I think it might have something to do with my bad experience doing the green one on the heart on Troy's leg. Either way I would like to go back and add it later. I realize now when looking back that the veins and the aorta look like macaroni. Dang!

No comments:

Post a Comment